Sunday, June 9, 2013

If you dont stand for something

❤🐶



❤🐶

Trippy.



Trippy.

This still makes me laugh. @staceybethh



This still makes me laugh. @staceybethh

"…an Indiana Jones wore one."



"…an Indiana Jones wore one."

collegehumor: Yay or Nay: Are Videogames Art? [Click to find...





collegehumor:

Yay or Nay: Are Videogames Art? [Click to find out]

In terms of total output, Andy Warhol made the Final Fantasy series of soup drawings.

Photo



schakall: blingostarr: transhumanisticpanspermia: cure-krismot...



schakall:

blingostarr:

transhumanisticpanspermia:

cure-krismoth:

pathometric:

nationalpost:

No heroes allowed: Calgary student, 13, reprimanded for defending his classmate against a knife-wielding bully
Briar MacLean was sitting in class during a study period Tuesday, the teacher was on the other side of the room and, as Grade 7 bullies are wont to do, one kid started harassing another.

"I was in between two desks and he was poking and prodding the guy," Briar, 13, said at the kitchen table of his Calgary home Friday.

"He put him in a headlock, and I saw that."

He added he didn't see the knife, but "I heard the flick, and I heard them say there was a knife."

The rest was just instinct. Briar stepped up to defend his classmate, pushing the knife-wielding bully away.

The teacher took notice, the principal was summoned and Briar went about his day. It wasn't until fourth period everything went haywire.

"I got called to the office and I wasn't able to leave until the end of the day," he said.

That's when Leah O'Donnell, Briar's mother, received a call from the vice-principal.

Ms. O'Donnell was politely informed the school did not "condone heroics," she said. Instead, Briar should have found a teacher to handle the situation.

"I asked: 'In the time it would have taken him to go get a teacher, could that kid's throat have been slit?' She said yes, but that's beside the point. That we 'don't condone heroics in this school.' "

Instead of getting a pat on the back for his bravery, Briar was made to feel as if he had done something terribly wrong. The police were called, the teen filed a statement and his locker was searched. (Mike Ridewood for National Post)

what the hell?

Whoa, whoa, wait

"I asked: 'In the time it would have taken him to go get a teacher, could that kid's throat have been slit?' She said yes, but that's beside the point.

"She said yes, but that's beside the point." So basically she cared more about the fact a guy was 'acting heroic' than the fact that one of her students could have fucking been killed.

Honestly, this is exactly how a lot of schools view certain behaviors.

They're more concerned about creating a culture they can easily control, than about the actual implications of that.

A student acting "heroic" is a student using their free will and is a variable the administration cannot control. Because many administrators are uptight idiots, this pisses them off.

It scares me how expendable human beings have become.

I want to throw up.

midnightjamsession: Well hello beautiful Impala



midnightjamsession:

Well hello beautiful Impala

theanimalblog: Animal handler John Rienke with lion Bonedigger...



theanimalblog:

Animal handler John Rienke with lion Bonedigger and dachshunds Milo, Bullet and Angel at Exotic Animal Park in Wynnewood, Oklahoma.  Picture: Barcroft

thejogging: mirror step, 2013 custom made mirror fixed to a...



thejogging:

mirror step, 2013

custom made mirror fixed to a concrete step

This intro makes me crack up every time.



This intro makes me crack up every time.

Photo



Photo



Snuggles from babygirl because her mama's not feeling so...



Snuggles from babygirl because her mama's not feeling so hot today.

Photo

















Photo



Can't decide… Murder… Or hug…. I'm gonna go with MURD—no, wait,...



Can't decide…

Murder…

Or hug….

I'm gonna go with MURD—no, wait, hug.  I'm going with hug.

Photo





collegehumor: T is for Tits "Why did the teacher correct my...



collegehumor:

T is for Tits

"Why did the teacher correct my spelling? I know what I said."

damnafricawhathappened: me working out



damnafricawhathappened:

me working out

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that that you can make cash by locking premium pages of your blog or website?
    To begin just open an account with AdscendMedia and implement their Content Locking plug-in.

    ReplyDelete